Sunday, September 12, 2010

to the fooler and the fooled....

There's this expression that goes 'Fool me once- shame on you. Fool me twice- shame on me' (I think there may be more to it but I forget at the moment.lol.)
When someone is fooled and subsequently made a fool of more than two times, who do we blame then? The person that's doing the fooling or the one that's been fooled yet again? I say both of em!

This piece is about something that happens time and time again- people who go back into, and essentially never fully leave pointless relationships. Girls- it's applicable if you've ever known a friend or been the girl who refuses to leave the guy who hurts you over and over. Guys (because I'm not leaving you out in this one!) it falls in your garden if you find yourself always going back to the one girl that will just not stop making you look like a total idiot.
Simple question: why do we do it?

I know a friend, more than one girlfriend who just are stuck in a dead end relationship. I say dead end because it's been in the same position it was in when it started-nowhere. I say stuck meaning she can't leave, but I really mean she can't leave because she won't leave. The guy embarrasses her, hurts her, cheats on her, lies to her, forgets important days and dates and a list of other negatives. Still she sticks with him.

Boys- it's the girlfriend who you just will not quit. She cheats on you, lies to you, ignores you, flirts with your boys (for the rare cases of bad ting-ery; she's actually gotten with some of your boys). All this screams for you to get as far away as possible from that relationship yet you're stuck in park.

*insert confused face here*

To the fooler and the fooled- shame on you both!
Grow a pair and realise that this relationship is isn't working and walk away.
Should you hurt someone you love over and over? -no
Is it cool to be with someone who makes an idiot of you constantly?-no
That ain't love people. It's something much much worse. A neat little phrase called 'wasting your time'.

People have said it hurts them to walk away from a relationship they've been in for so long. Okay. Think about this- If being with them only ends in your hurt, confused, frustated and embarrassed every day; would being without all that negativity really be that bad? How much more can it hurt you if you eliminate the source of all that hurt essentially? Thought so.

Fool you once- shame on them.
Fool you twice- shame on you.
Fool you more than that- you're both total idiots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment