
Still I stay.
The place is empty around me
The breeze blows, still.
Still- I stay.
There is sadness at my right and confusion at my left
Despair behind me and uncertainty ahead
All is not clear; there is a haze in every direction of where I look
Still I stay.
As I blink blankly about me, the wind suddenly becomes strong
Before I know it the tiny pieces that my heart has shattered into surround me
Millions of pieces seem to contain me and remind me of the hurt that surrounds me
The gust of wind stops and the millions of fragments fall to the floor beneath me
Everything is shattered, broken
Somehow
Still I stay.
I stand amongst pieces of myself,
Parts of who I was, segments of who I am, and dregs of the person I hope to become
It all circles me- waiting for me to pick it all up, piece it back together and move on
Walk on
Leave here
Still.
Still I stay
I blink with every moment that passes; hoping that when I open my eyes I will fix it all
Then there is a cold, wet feeling running down my cheeks
Tears
They move, they run, seeming to want to escape the hurt that produce them
Still I stay.
Then there is a breeze again, it’s coming on again
Strong, fast
Yet I am still. Still I stay.
The wind seems to say something, millions of little somethings
I close my eyes and listen to the whispers surrounding me
They whisper of happiness, of certainty, of love, of the past that once was
I hear who I was, who we were,
I feel what we felt, that love that was once there
And almost instantly with the blink of my tear stained eyes the breeze is gone.
The happiness
The certainty
The love is gone
You are gone.
Still. Still I stay.
The place about me is empty, devoid of anything to hold onto
It is tranquil, silent, nothing moving
I see beyond where I stand, to where I fear I should be,
Walk to, be at, move to
There is where I will not be hurt, there is where I need to be
Still I remain; hope in hands and hurt in heart
Still I stay.
