Monday, May 10, 2010

Scorched.....




Wanting is the disease I was afflicted with

Giving up is the cure that will heal me and kill me all at once

You can’t expect to sleep with the devil and not get burnt a little

And for some time my comfort was in hell

With You

Now I am scorched, and being burnt never felt so good.


Going to the dark side was the temptation

It was delicious torture and I loved every minute of it.

Never could something be so bad for someone and so good at the same time.

So I revelled in it

I let myself lay comfortably with you in this darkness

Shut the light out;

The light which is laced with truth

In the hell I go to with you the lies we tell ourselves to feel better become the only truths.


Now that I’ve left the hell the burns still sting me

The scars are all over me; the burns remind all of me what you once were to me

Burnt are my eyes;

Cause I still see your face

Charred is my skin

Cause I still feel your touch

Scalded are my lips

Cause I remember your kiss

Blistered are my ears

Because your voice permeates around me

Scorched is my heart;

It beats and burns….each beat says your name…each beat burns more and more


All that’s left now is residue.

Remainders of what once was; our hell

We walk around burnt, scarred from what we wanted but didn’t need

You can’t see the scars but we feel them,

Every time we look at one another.

Somehow forgetting hurts more than remembering;

Walking away from the fire that engulfs our hell, we stop.


*this one is from a good while back. Found it while combing through all the stuff I did and am currently doing.*

1 comments:

Le Meow said...

OMG!!!!!! This is unbelievable! I already appreciate your prose so much but this is....my word girl, you make my eyes pop outta my head almost, lol....I can barely believe you wrote this, excellent work!! :D

Post a Comment