Friday, April 9, 2010

Here's how I see it from up here....

Today a friend and I got into a talk about HEIGHT. It started from reading and chatting about something she blogged about, what it's like being short. I read it, and thought to myself 'You know I've never stopped to think about how it must be for people who aren't tall'. During the conversation with her she said that she too never thought about the height issues that taller people face themselves. So Maria, my friend, this is my response to your height blog- the way i see it from up here ;)


For all my life, I've been tall- let me correct that, taller than most, shorter than few. Those that are taller than me are practically giant size, so for me there's either been shorter or taller. RARELY is anyone ever my height.

As a tall person, life isn't all that great from all the way up here. While I accept and embrace my height, sometimes it's a bit over rated, and people don't look at the downside of being this tall. Society blasts images of tall women being beautiful, and having 'legs for days' as the 'it' thing. I think its lame that they put down people that aren't automatically 6 feet tall, and I often wonder why someone who's under 6 feet or even under 5 foot 5 isn't considered gorgeous? In my opinion, beauty isn't determined by someone's height. Some of the most beautiful girls I know are shorter than I am- HA! Go figure! Explain that society and mass media! LOL.

So back to my original purpose- showing my friend that tall people have 'Ugh! My height!' moments.

Like walking into a crowded area and being one of, if not the tallest people there. It's good if you want air, and well, I dunno, updates to the changing weather condition, but it kind of sucks because everyone else is a few inches or feet below you talking.

Another thing that sucks about being tall (or taller than most people) is that high heel shoes are almost always an impractical purchase. I LOVE high heels, but they're all beautifully lined up in my room sitting pretty, because I am so tall already, that wearing gorgeous heels just makes me look weird. Pretty, but weirdly tall.

On a personal level, try, just TRY being almost 6 feel tall and meeting a guy that's your height...i DARE YOU. Sorry guys, but most guys I know and talk to are either my height or shorter, I can count on one hand, literally with probably three fingers the guys I know that are taller than I am. It's funny. So being of giant size compared to the guys you know makes dating a wee bit difficult.

OH! I heard my friend say that being shorter sucks because you have trouble shopping, for jeans in particular. 'You always have to end up cutting it' she said. My friend, being tall is equally as difficult! At least with your height issue, when you buy jeans you have fabric extra to cut! Try being my height, when I buy a jeans and it's not my length, that's it! I'm not a magician, I can't grow on more to it! so HA! Tall people 0- shorter people-1.

Being tall sucks because most times in conversation, people are either staring up my nose or, if they're male and just plain rude, carrying on direct conversation with my chest. LOL.

Being tall is just kinda lame sometimes, because I'd just like to fit in (LITERALLY) with everyone else, who is, shorter than me. Being tall is over rated, just like being shorter is under rated!

Like I said earlier, some of the nicest and best people I know are shorter than I am...and in the height talk, I think we have to remember, while being tall is good, good things come in small (and in this case) shorter packages!





3 comments:

The Silver Feather said...

Heheheeh I love the response chicks..but there are so many positives about being tall like... getting things off the shelf for the shorter person :P .... You know what I'll buy the heels and we could discuss this on a higher level okay??

paper doll chronicles said...

DEFINITELY! :)
Still waiting on your blog installment miss! :P

shattered mirror said...

hmmm "i dare you"...can i take you up on that?...

Post a Comment