Walking down the road one day,
Nice story don't you think?
It strikes home with me because I've been both culprit and victim to the moral of the tale.
I've judged people based on their flaws, faults and mistakes they've made. I've been part of cliques that 'branded' some people unworthy of second chances, forgiveness or a deeper look. And nothing has hurt more than the feeling of the same stamp being placed upon me, a damaged lot of land that has flaws that can't be understood, tolerated or fixed.
People make mistakes in life; misjudge, misunderstand, lie, cheat, and other traits on the 'naughty' list. These decisions often put flaws on our 'gates' so to speak, but just because a person's 'gates' are faulty or flawed doesn't mean that their 'gardens' are worth any less or nothing at all.
With those wise words in mind, I ask 'why are all these stones being cast?!'.
If everyone in the entire world since the beginning of time didn’t give a deeper look past the most destroyed gates; then some of the most beautiful, breath taking and beneficial gardens would have never been known.
Today, ask yourselves, are you living in a glass house and still attempting to throw stones? What if the people in your life did that to you?
Everything around you would be broken, damaged, flawed, but YOU would still stand; worth acknowledgement, consideration and a chance.
As a fellow metaphorical lot of land in the story above, I know that though my gates are broken, battered and somewhat flawed, there is still a beautiful garden, with flowers of every type, size and colour to be noticed and appreciated.
So until we can totally repair the flaws, take back the mistakes that have tainted us, let's never forget that past what you glimpse is something worth truly LOOKING at- something beautiful and worthwhile.
