I was chatting with a friend of mine the other day, and he asked me a pretty random question. I didn't understand it at first but then after thinking it over after he explained it to me, it made a lot of sense.
"So how do you market yourself?".
Sounds random right? I'm not a market produce, or a grocery item, how can you be asking me how I market myself? Think it over though. In life when we meet and interact with people, we market ourselves to them in getting to know them. It's basically asking how you prsent yourself to other people. Should be simpler to understand in those terms.
I thought it over. After I pondered it then I thought about it some more, and then other things occurred to me.
Sometimes in life we meet people who treat us like absolute gems; total respect, complete care and admiration. Other times it's the other end of the coin; we don't understand how some people can treat us so badly. No respect for us, quick to put us last in considering our feelings and what not. It all comes back to this point- how do you market yourself?
If the vibe you're giving off is someting like 'good quality friendship offerered with little reciprocation necessary; easily shelf'ed item'~ then people will treat you accodingly.
When we market ourselves as deserving less than what we truly want; then that is exactly what we will get. If you sell yourself short people will never understand your value because you yourself do not understand your worth. When we introduce ourselves to people as someone to be valued, respected and cherished, then people will realize your worth in their lives and you will be a valuable good rather than a perishable item.
Know your worth. Never sell yourself short. How you appear to others and what you give off is what you get back.
Be the kind of person that is respected and admired, not only valuable for a time and then tossed aside.

