Sunday, February 28, 2010

I told you 'I told you so!'

Fact: EVERYBODY knows someone who is harden till it's not funny anymore. Hence the title of this blog. How many times have you had to say 'I told you so' to someone? I can't begin to count on my end, much less for those of you that identify with where I'm going with this. Harden people don't listen, till its too late, and then they FEEL.


When I was younger there was one saying that my elder family members used to hit me with when I was being harden; 'who doh hear does feel'. I ignored it naturally, because at that age who really listens to all that older people tell you? I continued doing whatever it was that I wasn't supposed to until out of nowhere *SLAP*- cue tears and endless confusion as to why I got that. Then it clicks- they said if I didn't listen I would feel.

Hold onto the essense of that tidbit and stick with me here, my focus here is on harden people, specifically women in relationships lately- why don't you listen?!

I see it all the time: women don't listen to the warnings and the many instances of 'advice' they ask for about their worthless, utterly disrespectful significant others until they feel.... Feel hurt, anger, embarrassment, shame, confusion, regret and the entire list of negative emotions associated with dating complete douches.
N.B: *DOUCHE as used in this (and many other) blogs does not indeed refer to the feminine cleansing product but rather a man that is a total failure at relationships, and therefore life. LOL.

Jack and Jill meet, fall 'one sided-ly' in love (Jill of course), and begin to date. Jill is happy, blissful in the ignorance that Jack is a douche. So she is deaf to the signs and concerned comments that this man is a waste; till she FEELS. Jack has another woman, more than one sometimes, Jack is married, Jack hits me, Jack hides me from meeting his family, friends and the lot- Jill wonders why nobody told her all this... Everybody wonders why Jill didn't LISTEN!

For the sake of general respect and courtesy, and of course not wanting to 'buss anybody's scene' just so- let's stick with the Jack and Jill nicknames.
I've known many a Jill in my life; I think at one point or the other, I probably was a Jill but that's another blog for another day. LOL. Point is, I have had to say 'I told you so' millions of times and eventually you begin to wonder if you need a blowhorn or a loud speaker attached to you when you have to say it over and over. When will they get it?

What was that? ....
He cheats? He cheated?
He ignores you for his boys?
He doesn't listen to what you say?
He's just using you ?
He's immature, insecure, self absorbed, *insert complaint here*
He dumped you? Again?
Common say it with me now 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

Ladies, all the Jills out there- it's like this. All people want in life is to be happy, to do anything that makes them happy. Men and women both want that. Unfortunately, track records state that sometimes men go about it in the wrong way, and ways that are unfair to us girls. To be FAIR to my male readers, sometimes women seek happiness in ways that are unfair to men; so it's just not a one sided 'i hate all men' Rah! go estrogen!' kinda vibe going on here.
As I see (and hear) it, as of recently, all the Jills in my life are unhappy alot- by who else? Their Jacks ( there is a derogatory joke to be made here against men, but I shall refrain).

My point is that I want women (in my life) and in general to LISTEN. Don't be harden anymore, because we all know that feeling is a lot worse than simply listening to the things we often don't want to hear. We feel horrible in the after math of a relationship gone wrong, and the last thing we want to hear is 'I told you so'.
If it were up to me, the phrase 'I told you so' eventually would be accompanied by a swift tap; or depending on the severity of the matter, a hard slap upside the head. Have no fear friends and people that I know, no violent outbursts/reactions on the horizon!

LISTEN! Listen to those around you; family, friends, co workers (because ladies you know we love to gossip on the job about the boyfriend/husband/current distraction in our lives). Most importantly, listen to yourselves, if your gut's telling you this relationship isn't right... don't be harden.
Feeling comes with a heavy price- and when dealing with matters of the heart, it should never be that expensive.



0 comments:

Post a Comment